alijahdauti Forum Index

alijahdauti

alijahdauti

PortalPortal  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  GBGuestbook  User PanelUser Panel  RegisterRegister 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  StatisticsStatistics  LinksLinks  Log inLog in 
 CalendarCalendar  DownloadsDownloads  Comments to your karmaComments to your karma  ToplistToplist  Recent topicsRecent topics  Voting forumVoting forum

Second-year quarterback C.J. Beathard has been demoted from
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
liny195

usa
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:  Second-year quarterback C.J. Beathard has been demoted from
Description:

after an injury for the second consecutive season. Despite losing five-straight this season and 1-8 as a starer
, coach Kyle Shanahan still hasn’t lost faith in the 49ers’ third-round pick.“C.J.’s story is not over and that’s what I want him to know,” Shanahan said to the media Thursday. “You’ve got to realize that the whole world will say, ‘This is what you are,’ and I’m not mad at the world for that. People watch sports and that’s what they think. But, C.J.’s story is not over and he has the ability, he has the toughness, he has the mind, to be a very successful quarterback in this league.”In 2017, Beathard suffered a knee injury late in the game against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 12, paving the way for Jimmy Garoppolo’s debut. The 49ers went on win five straight to close out the season with Garoppolo under center. Beathard didn’t see the starting lineup again until this season after Garoppolo’s Week 3 ACL tear against the Kansas City Chiefs.Beathard may be enduring a similar fate this season after a hand injury forced Nick Mullens into the spotlight against the Oakland Raiders. The once practice squad quarterback orchestrated one of the most successful quarterback debuts in NFL history, completing 16 of 22 passes (72%) for 262 yards, three touchdowns, no turnovers and a quarterback rating of 151.9. Shanahan named Mullens the starter going into the team’s Week 10 matchup against the New York Giants on Monday Night Football. Shanahan’s faith in Beathard stems from his time in Washington alongside now Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins
, who was signed in the offseason to a three-year, fully-guaranteed $84 million contract“Kirk Cousins in his first nine games, do you know what his record was? 1-8. He had 19 picks and 18 touchdowns,” Shanahan said “C.J. is 1-8. I think he has 13 picks. It doesn’t mean that he’s him, but I also know that a lot of people gave up on Kirk because of how he started and everyone wanted to put it on one guy when it was a lot more than just that.”Beathard’s completed 57% of his passes for 12 touchdowns, 13 interceptions and a QB rating of 74.6 over his two years with the 49ers. Despite again being demoted, the former Iowa quarterback has been able to keep a positive mindset as he moves into an assistant role being Mullens.“It’s tough,” Beathard said, via ESPN’s Nick Wagoner. “I mean, it feels like two years in a row kind of going through it. But it’s something that’s going to make me stronger in the end, I feel like. I think God’s testing me and I think it’s all going to make me stronger in the end, make me a better person, make me a better quarterback
, a better player in the long run.”“C.J.’s story is not over and he has the ability, he has the toughness, he has the mind, to be a very successful quarterback in this league,” Shanahan said. “Don’t let other people tell you it’s over because it hasn’t gone the way you wanted it.” I’ll just make sure we are all on the same page: The Los Angeles Rams are winning the NFC West. After their game Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks, it’s all but penciled in. If the Rams were to go on a losing streak for the rest of the season, it would go down as maybe the worst collapse in NFL history.Since the 49ers seem to not know how to finish a game if their lives depended on it, they remain in last place. Go read the recaps if you want to know the details. I’m too burnt out to really care at this point. Los Angeles Rams/Seattle SeahawksThe Rams and Seahawks had a fun game on Sunday, one that came down to the final minutes with the predictable Seattle fourth quarter comebacks that seem to plague so many games with them getting beat. It wasn’t meant to be as the Rams won 36-31. The Rams managed to hold on and get out of there with a win, but there’s a cost: They have lost wide receiver Cooper Kupp for the season due to a torn ACL. The Rams will clinch the West with the combination of a win this week and a Seahawks loss. It would mark the earliest playoff clinching since the current format began in 2002. The Seahawks are 4-5, sitting a game and a half back of the second wild card berth.Arizona CardinalsThe Cardinals did their best to make a game out of their contest against the Kansas City Chiefs late in the game, but suffered a 26-14 loss. The only solace 49ers fans can take is that they played the Chiefs much better than the Cardinals did. The 49ers remain in last place, a half game back of the Cardinals. Of course
, even if Arizona loses to Oakland this week, they’ll hold the head-to-head tiebreaker for divisional standing. This is of note for scheduling purposes, because the 49ers will face the NFC East and NFC North teams that finish in the same spot in the standings.Into Week 11The Rams will be playing the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday Night Football in a fun game played in Mexico City. Given that it’s a neutral field, this game is all sorts of interesting. The Rams are a half game up on the New Orleans Saints for best record in the NFC, but New Orleans has the head-to-head tiebreaker edge. The Chiefs are rolling through the AFC, but the Los Angeles Chargers are not going away in the division.The Seahawks face the Green Bay Packers for the umpteenth time at Century Link Field. Given the loss of talent on both sides, this game won’t be near as interesting as years past. Though since the NFL loves to torture us, it will probably come down to some fourth quarter shenanigans. Meanwhile, the Cardinals face the Oakland Raiders in Arizona. We all know how that game will end. Even for a team as bad as the Cardinals.1st: Los Angeles Rams; Next: Kansas City Chiefs (In Mexico)2nd: Seattle Seahawks; Next: Green Bay Packers 3rd: Arizona Cardinals; Next: Oakland Raiders4th: San Francisco 49ers; Next: BYE
Adv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject: Adv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alijahdauti Forum Index -> Forum di prova All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: